Wednesday 28 July 2010

How Old Are You?

By my reckoning, I am about 57 human years old. No wonder I felt worn out on that mammouth walk at the weekend (which we will tell you about when TJam links her phone to the computer).

Beanz is also about 57. Gosh. Her eyebrows are going a little grey these last few months...

So, how old are you my friends?

"As a general guide: dogs under 20lb (approx 10kg) will be about 36 human years at the age of five, and thereafter age about four human years per dog year.

Dogs Between 20lb and 50lb (10-24kg) will be about 37 human years at the age of five and thereafter age about four to five human years per dog year.

Dogs between 50lb and 90lb (24-40kg) will be about 40 human years at the age of five and thereafter age about five to six human years per dog year.

Finally, dogs over 90lb (40kg) will be 42 years by the age of five and will age closer to the seven human years per dog year.

This all depends on individual genes, diet, health and lifestyle."

5 comments:

My Sons Mum said...

14 year old Major here. What was that? Oh no, I think i just had a wet dream AND my voice broke....Squeel/Arhhhhh

My sister Pede is like 91...

Drab said...

Hmm i'm about 62 then and Nancy is about 40. we both feel older with whipper snapper jumping all over us, Patches has appeared this morning with a bad leg propably a nasty sprain from all her night time cavorting!!

Sam

Mack said...

I'm about 37 and Lily is about 3,009!!!

b1b2 said...

Phew..........good job my mom isn't a canine then!

Beanz said...

Major and Pede! Hi!!
Sounds like a cute pup - hope Patches is feeling better too.
Mack: a whipper snapper. Lily may have some kind of record there.
b1b2: but she will get a bus pass...