Saturday 9 December 2006

Eating Raw - by Chips

For a while now, TJam has pondered feeding us dogs a raw diet. This seems to be very controversial, which is why she hasn't dared to do it yet, wanting more information and more evidence. Carlsberg catches her own natural diet and doesn't seem any the worse for it. I digress.

We went to Rivington today. I found a dead sheep and ate its leg. TJam couldn't get anywere near me. I just kept running and crunching til I'd finished it.

I have been fine since. I consider it being proactive. The more times I eat raw and am fine, the more evidence for our case of decent and varied food, not a bowl of dried kibble. Victoria Stillwell from "It's me or the dog" says that dogs should have variation so they don't get bored.

So TJam, LISTEN UP! Remember the time Beanz and I ate the hare? WE WERE FINE! Remember that squirrel? FINE. The thing that looked like a human foot? Fine. (Well, I was fine, Beanz threw hers up at the vet after she got spayed and they kept it in a see through plastic bag to shame you when you went to pick her up.) But all in all, we eat carcusses and are fine. Please give us more carcasses.

2 comments:

l.g.d. said...

Oh Chips, whenever I'm down all I have to do from now on is think of you "eating raw" - you have made my day. But if Tamsin fed you properly in the first place you wouldn't be eating dead sheep would you?

Chips said...

You had only just fed me some tastey treats. Tamsin may not feed me well, but you do, Auntie LGD.