Friday 26 March 2010

Nature Advisors Needed

Right in the middle of this field (in the foreground of this picture if you look carefully)...

we saw a curious sight....


This little guy or gal was hugging his/her babies. Or eating them! Or something! I don't know what toads do. The eggs have been there for about a week and have frozen once in that time.

Look how far they are from any water source! And right on the path. Is this normal?
(They are in between Chips and TJam taking the photo. That is a long way for tadpoles to get. Nature experts please advise!)

3 comments:

My Sons Mum said...

Gross I hate toads!
Hi there guys! I'm Major, Im a Great Dane from Australia.
I'm so glad you've found you voice, please come join me and keep blogging, ill check in on you regularly

Life With Dogs said...

I have no clue...but what a cool find!

Beanz said...

Hi Major, pleased to meet you :) Australia eh? your day will be our night, and you have sun at Christmas... too weird ;) We will call in on you too.

LWD: the eggs are still there but no sign of Mr/Ms Toad...