Tuesday 28 August 2007

Two Reasons to be Sad - 1975

- by Chips

While us dogs lie under piles of junk that TJam is trying to sort out, we happened across this piece of literary and philosophical genius from December 1974.

Translation: There are two reasons to be sad. From TJam.
One is that I have hurt my toe
The next thing that I am sad that I am not having kippers. From TJam.

Seems that TJam didn't look on the bright side in those days. The concerned few amongst you will be glad to know that her toe has healed and that she is now happy not to eat kippers (mostly, although she does miss that smokey, kippery taste on a Sunday evening...)



5 comments:

Badger said...

thats cute. I used to like kippers but I can not be doing with all the little bones these days. I found a similar note of my own that i must get round to blogging. When I was 7 years old I wrote a note to the toothfairy asking for a friend. sad i know!
What is even more strange is that I wrote it on special badger paper. :)
x

TJam said...

Aww bless. Did she bring you one? We need to see. Fire up that scanner...

Badger said...

Nope she did not bring me the friend I asked for, as I specifically asked for him to have purple hair and to be stood by the school gate whenever I smiled. I kept smiling, but he never came. My mother took the note from under my pillow and returned it to me on my 21st birthday. Smarted a bit that my mother thought it so cute and funny, not for a minute twigging that maybe I had no friends.. lol.

Badger x

TJam said...

Aww that's sad.

Maybe you met the purple haired one somewhere else and he is now your friend but was too shy so dyed his hair. Do you have any friends like that? Maybe if you tell everyone you know that you admire people with purple hair he will come forward.

Katie said...

I used to leave hate mail to my mum and dad when they went out and left me with an elderly babysitter who I did not like. I would write notes and stick them on their bed for them to read on their return.
However Sundays was also traditional kipper day but I preferred fried eggs as I really could not stand the bones and would spend long time taking each one out and be left with very litte fish in the end.