Friday 18 July 2014

Great Escape

My plan has been unfolding over the last couple of years. Dodgy hip, occasional limp... Behind me in the photo you can see a 5 foot fence panel missing. Believing me to be frail and infirm, TJam blocked it up with a piece of chicken wire and some old branches. I have played along for three months, looking pathetically at the impossible barrier...
Tonight I took my chance. No sooner could TJam say, "I think the neighbour's dog is trying to get into our garden," but I was over the fence and checking out the French Bulldogs' home turf. Not bad actually.
But TJam is not quite as stupid as she looks, and she was in the garden and hunting me down just as I was sniffing in their drains, but before I realised there was a rabbit hutch there.
Now a new fence panel is number one on the human priority list and I am not allowed out unaccompanied.
All that planning down the drain.

No comments: